Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA) Forum
The Victorian CASA Forum is the peak body of the 15 Centres Against Sexual Assault, and the Victorian Sexual Assault Crisis Line. Together we work to ensure that women, children and men who are victim/survivors of sexual assault have access to comprehensive and timely support and intervention to address their needs. CASAs also work towards the elimination of sexual violence through community and professional education, informing government policy, advocating for law reform and facilitating research to increase community understanding of the nature and incidence of sexual assault.
The Sexual Assault Crisis Line Victoria (SACL) is a state-wide, after-hours, confidential, telephone crisis counselling service for people who have experienced both past and recent sexual assault. SACL is the central after hours coordination centre for all recent sexual assaults and provides immediate crisis responses throughout Victoria.
SACL operates between 5pm - 9am the next day and throughout weekends and public holidays.
- Afterhours telephone crisis counselling support, information, advocacy and referral to anyone living in Victoria who has experienced any form of sexual assault at any point in their lives.
- Co-ordination of a crisis care response to recent victim/survivors of sexual assault within the last 2 weeks throughout Victoria. This involves an immediate face to face response with a counsellor/advocate from CASA.
- Support and information to non-offending family and friends.
- Information on legal and medical rights/options
- Advocacy with service providers and secondary consultation to professionals
- Information and referral for people who have experienced family violence
Sexual Assault Crisis Line (Victoria) 1800 806 292
Find your nearest CASA: https://www.casa.org.au/contact-us/