Katherine Women's Information and Legal Service
Assistance provided in relation to:
- Family law – children, separation and divorce
- Family and domestic violence
- Victims of crime compensation
- Wills and deceased estates
- Child protection
- Credit and Debt
Free Legal Advice Clinics
- Weekly clinics in Katherine Office – to make an appointment free call 1800 620 108
- Outreach Services
Community Legal Education
- Through Community Legal Education KWILS helps to inform women about the legal system and their legal rights. KWILS also aims to educate the community and legal profession in the resolution of legal issues affecting women.
- Community Legal Education sessions are conducted in Katherine and in remote Indigenous Communities. Audiences include women’s groups and service providers. Session topics range from domestic violence, family law, victim’s compensation, child protection and mandatory reporting legislation, credit and debt issues.
- For more information on the education and training available through KWILS please contact:
KWILS regularly travels to assist women living in remote areas in the Katherine Region.
1800 620 108
Shop 5, 17 First Street, Katherine, NT 0851
Justice, courts & legal
Type of service: